The Diesel Technology Forum will offer a free webinar on Monday, April 20, at 2 pm Eastern to review the current state of diesel technology and the benefits provided to vessel owners and local communities.
This webinar will provide participants with a better understanding of the current state of diesel technology for new vessels as well as opportunities available today to repower existing vessels. The latest diesel innovations deliver operational efficiencies to vessel owners and can significantly improve air quality for local communities. Information concerning a variety of programs to provide funding to help replace or repower older vessels such as VW settlement funding and other mechanisms will be discussed.
Material presented during this webinar will include:
* Technology options for propulsion and auxiliary power in marine and passenger vessels
* A breakdown of emission requirements for repowering older vessels and new builds
* An understanding of the relative age of engines found in marine and passenger vessels
* Localized air quality improvements from engine repowers and vessel replacements
* Case studies of operational efficiencies of repowers, and use of advanced biofuels
* Breakdown of funding opportunities to replace or repower older vessels