Terms and Conditions of Use
Effective November 2019
Welcome to the Federal Laboratory Consortium for Technology Transfer (FLC) Website (or sometimes called “site”) which is provided as a service of AUTM under a Federal Cooperative Agreement.
2. Description of Service. Federallabs.org consists of several sections, some of which have restricted access.
3. Intellectual Property. The entire contents and design of the Website, including all trademarks, logos, trade names, documents, databases, graphic representations, and other information, are the property of the FLC and /or AUTM, or used by AUTM with permission, and are protected under U.S. and international copyright and trademark laws, whether or not a notice of copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights appears on the screen displaying the information. Except as otherwise provided herein, users of the Website may save and use information contained on the Website only for personal or other non- commercial, educational purposes. No other use, including, without limitation, reproduction, retransmission or editing, of Website information may be made without the prior written permission of AUTM, which may be requested by contacting the FLC or AUTM at [email protected].
4. Limitation of Liability. In no event shall FLC/AUTM or its officers, directors, members, staff, or agents, be liable for any damages of any kind, including, without limitation, any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability whatsoever, arising out of, or in connection with, the use or performance of the Website or any content appearing on the Website.
5. Disclaimer. FLC/AUTM makes no warranty, guaranty, or representation regarding the accuracy, content, completeness, reliability, operability, or legality of information contained within the Website, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and non-infringement of propriety rights. The information, opinions, and recommendations presented within the Website are for general information only. Such information should not be considered medical advice and is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified physician. Unless specifically stated otherwise, FLC/AUTM does not endorse, approve, recommend, or certify any information, product, process, service, or organization presented or mentioned on the Website, and information from the Website should not be referenced in any way to imply such approval or endorsement. Moreover, FLC/AUTM makes no warranty that the Website, or the server that makes it available, is free from viruses, worms, or other elements or codes that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. FLC/AUTM expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, reliance on, or inability to use, the Website or the information presented on the Website. In any jurisdiction that does not permit such a disclaimer of liability, FLC/AUTM’s liability shall be limited to the greatest extent allowed by applicable law.
6. Links. Links or pointers connecting the Website with other Internet websites are provided as a courtesy only and do not imply, directly or indirectly, the endorsement, sponsorship, or approval by AUTM of the linked website, the organization or individual operating the website, or any product, service, individual, or organization referenced in the Website. In general, any website that has an address (or URL) that does not contain “AUTM.net” is a linked website. The content of any linked website does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of AUTM. Linked websites are not under the control of AUTM, and AUTM is not responsible for the content of any linked website, any links contained within a linked website, any changes or updates to such websites, or the compliance with applicable laws of such linked websites.
7. DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedures. AUTM abides by the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by responding to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable laws. As part of its response, AUTM may remove or disable access to material on the Website that is claimed to be infringing, in which case AUTM will make a good-faith attempt to contact the person who submitted the affected material so that person may make a counter notification, also in accordance with the DMCA. By posting material to the Website, the posting party represents and warrants that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants AUTM and users of the Website the nonexclusive, unrestricted, royalty-free right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material. Anyone who believes that material posted on the Website infringes on his or her copyrighted work should refer to the Procedures for Requesting Removal of Infringing Material.
8. Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement is entered into and performed in the State of Illinois, United States of America, and is governed by the laws of Illinois, exclusive of its choice of law or conflict of provisions. In any claim or action directly or indirectly arising under this Agreement or related to AUTM.net, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state courts located in Cook County, Illinois, or the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, whichever has jurisdiction, and each party waives any jurisdictional venue or inconvenient forum objections to such court.