Farmers and ranchers use smart technologies to improve yields, reduce costs, increase efficiencies, and improve decision making. Join BroadbandUSA on September 16, 2020, to take a deep dive into the technologies being implemented to further these precision agriculture techniques.
Speakers will also provide an update on the Precision Ag Connectivity Taskforce, co-chaired by The U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Federal Communications Commission, as well as an overview of the latest innovations from the Global Cities Team Challenge Smart Agriculture and Rural SuperCluster, which encourages collaboration on innovative ag tech and rural projects.
* Jean Rice, Senior Broadband Specialist, BroadbandUSA, National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA)
* Karen Archer Perry, Senior Policy Analyst, BroadbandUSA, NTIA
* Chad Rupe, Administrator, Rural Utility Service, USDA
* Dennis Buckmaster, Dean's Fellow for Digital Agriculture, Professor of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Purdue University; Co-chair, GCTC Smart Agriculture and Rural SuperCluster
* Megan Nelson, Economic Analyst, American Farm Bureau Federation