Pascagoula Lab

Agency/Department

Security Lab

No

Address

Want more information? Contact a representative below.

Description

The Mississippi Laboratory was established in 1950 under the Department of Interior as a Bureau of Commercial Fisheries field station. In 1970, the laboratory was transferred to the Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service. The Pascagoula Laboratory was recently rebuilt in November of 2009.

The Mississippi Laboratories consist of two branches:

The Mississippi Laboratories research activities are in response to resource management, environmental, and utilization needs and are by design inherently responsive to various legislative and fishing industry needs throughout the southeast region. We are also the home port of the NOAA Ships Gordon Gunter, Oregon II , and Pisces , which conduct scientific surveys of the health and abundance of fishery resources and marine mammals.

Technologies

No Technologies

Facilities

No Facilities

Equipment

No Equipment

Programs

No Programs

Funds

No Funds

Publications

No Publications

Awards

No Awards

News

No News

Successes

No Successes

Licenses

No Licenses