Those who embrace conflict can build understanding and better relationships—and experience greater personal and professional success. But managing conflict is not easy. In this workshop, you'll discover your own emotional triggers and learn how to manage difficult encounters with diplomacy, tact, and credibility.
This NEW 2-day virtual course is designed for tech transfer office directors and managers. Join other technology transfer professionals in this small cohort to explore conflict resolution strategies. You will discuss situations with others who understand your challenges. You will form a strong support system within this group of fellow classmates.
Who Should Attend: TTO directors and managers who want to enhance their ability to deal with conflict situations productively.
How You Will Benefit / What You Will Learn:
* Build trust and credibility with colleagues and team members
* Leverage potential conflict situations as opportunities for critical conversations that enhance work relationships
* Gain confidence in holding difficult conversations calmly and assertively
* Manage conflict situations proactively
* Increase your effectiveness in managing conflict
* See an uptick in overall performance
What You Will Cover:
* Getting a handle on and gaining insights into your conflict management style through self-assessment (TKI®)
* Role playing to practice techniques and new skills in a safe environment
* Sharing of best practices for approaching conflict management
* Transferring your learning back to your work environment using job aids and other resources
* Get real-time, instructor-led learning and engagement with other participants
* Apply skills in exercises and virtual breakout groups
* Learn in highly interactive delivery formats via the Zoom platform