Federal Laboratory Consortium Elects New Chair and Nine Executive Board Members
(WASHINGTON, DC - April 15, 2021) Linda Burger, of the National Security Agency, was voted Chair of the Federal Laboratory Consortium (FLC) during the organization’s spring election, which also filled nine other Executive Board positions.
Outgoing FLC Chair John Dement announced the election results on April 8 during the closing plenary of the FLC National Meeting, which was held virtually. Newly elected Board members will begin their two-year terms on October 1.
“This is an exciting time for the FLC. Our members’ ability to move technology from the laboratory to the marketplace is ideally positioned to support the new White House priorities,” said Paul Zielinski, FLC Executive Director. “I’m confident that Linda and the other incoming Executive Board members will work to further strengthen the FLC’s contributions to society, security, and the national economy.”
The new elected officers include:
• Chair: Linda Burger, National Security Agency
• Vice Chair: John D. Eisemann, USDA National Wildlife Research Center
• Member at Large: Jeff DiTullio, U.S. Army DEVCOM Soldier Center
• Regional Coordinator: David Kistin, Sandia National Laboratories
• Deputy Regional Coordinator: Andy Myers, Kansas City National Security Campus
• Regional Co-coordinators: Laurie Bagley, Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory and David Y. Lee, U.S. Army DEVCOM Armaments Center
• Deputy Regional Coordinator: Joe DiRenzo, U.S. Coast Guard Research and Development Center
• Regional Coordinator: Paige George, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Panama City
• Deputy Regional Coordinator: Madhavi Sriram, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
About the FLC The Federal Laboratory Consortium for Technology Transfer is a formally chartered, nationwide network of more than 300 federal laboratories, agencies, and research centers that foster commercialization best practice strategies and opportunities for accelerating federal technologies from out of the labs and into the marketplace. To learn more, visit www.federallabs.org.
Media contact: Carolina Olivieri, FLC Marketing Director