For the second straight year, The Center for Advancing Point of Care Technologies (CAPCaT) in Heart, Lung, Blood, and Sleep Disorders is pleased to present this high-energy, high-value event for life sciences startups. Join us and open the doors to big company/little company strategic partnerships and grant funding opportunities.
Bruce J. Tromberg, PhD, Director of the National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Kadir Kadhiresan, PhD, Vice President of Venture Investments at Johnson & Johnson Innovation
I. Live pitch presentations to our panel of influential strategic and venture capital investors from 8 startups that received grant funding from CAPCaT in 2020:
* Cardio Sounds - Device to provide heart and lung predictive clinical intelligence
* Case Western Reserve University and Hemex Health – Gazelle: Point-of-care anemia and hemoglobin test platform
* Cognita Labs – CareCOPD precision care platform
* Daxor Corporation - Smart POC heart failure diuretic dosing
* GE Research - Bedside EIT Lung V/Q scanning
* Leuko Labs 2018 M2D2 $200K Challenge Winner - Non-invasive device to monitor and assess neutrophil levels
* NYU - RELAXaHEAD for Migraine+Sleep
* MicroVide LLC - Coagulation Companion for Kids
II. A panel presentation specifically aimed at preparing startups for strategic, “big company/little company” partnerships. These industry influencers will share real examples and explain the how, what, why, when, and where of strategic partnerships—and you’re encouraged to participate via our online Q&A portal.
III. "Considerations for Commercializing Your Technology": A presentation on small business funding opportunities and business programming available from the NIH.