Defining what sets you apart from your competitors is critical. Often, the first question from a potential investor or strategic partner is, "how does your product or service deliver value, to whom, and how do you do it differently from your competition (cheaper, faster, better)?" This workshop will delve deeper into successfully positioning your product in a competitive landscape with key strategies such as identifying and communicating your value proposition and using your IP strategy as a differentiator.
Join us on Tuesday, August 17, 2021, at 2:30 p.m. ET for the next session in the Entrepreneur Workshop Series, Value Propositions and Differentiation, co-hosted by the National Institute on Aging (NIA) Office of Small Business Research (OSBR) and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) Small Business Program. In this workshop, participants will learn about and discuss various aspects of creating value propositions and differentiation strategies through insights from our experienced panel of speakers.
Creating a Successful Go-To-Market Strategy (John Reinhart, CPA, MBA)
- Overview of Healthcare Market Segments
- Developing Profitable Business Models
- 4Ps Model for Marketing (Product, Price, Place, and Promotion)
IP Strategy as a Differentiator (Gautam Prakash, PhD, JD)
- Implementing value proposition within your IP strategy
- Using different forms of IP protection
- Aligning IP activities to your product development timeline
The Unique Value Proposition (Don Rose, PhD)
- Clear definition of the target customer(s)
- Articulation of customer value being delivered by your product or service (cheaper, better, faster)
- How is the value greater than the competition?