The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Building Technologies Office (BTO) is seeking input from industry stakeholders regarding next-generation HVAC R&D topics. To support this activity, DOE is holding a virtual workshop on June 2 from 11 a.m. - noon ET. This introductory webinar will be followed by topic-specific sessions.
BTO supports the development of next-generation HVAC technologies that provide cost-effective energy efficiency and grid flexibility. By engaging key stakeholders, BTO hopes to gather input regarding three key issues:
* Next-generation technology development priorities
* Challenges and barriers to successfully commercializing next-generation HVAC technologies
* Major gaps in academic, government, and commercial R&D efforts
Kickoff Webinar – June 2, 2020 at 11 a.m. – noon EDT
This webinar will do the following:
* Clarify the objectives, scope, and context of the upcoming topic-specific R&D discussions
* Discuss logistics for the topic-specific R&D discussions
* Answer stakeholder questions
Topic-Specific R&D Discussions – To be held following the Kickoff Webinar. Dates, times, and instructions for signing up for these topic-specific R&D discussions will be provided during and following the Kickoff Webinar.
* Provide forum for stakeholders to discuss the emerging technology within a particular HVAC topic area
* Opportunity for DOE to gather information on emerging HVAC technologies from industry stakeholders